Happy New Year! 2011 is shaping up in an interesting fashion. If 2010 was a year of shift and settle, 2011 should be the year of rise and shine. Should being the operative term in that sentence.
So, as listmainia takes over the blogosphere I've decided to create one of my own. Common truths that are missed by those of us really busy people. Hopefully it makes you laugh. Or at least take a second to think about yourself. EVERYONE deserves some "me" time.
1. If you have to go to the bathroom, go to the bathroom. Busy moms will understand this one. For too many years I've put off having to pee through seven stores, traffic jams, and cleaning marathons. Just pee. It only takes a second.
2. If your feet are cold, wear wool socks. They are really warm. Trust me. Why suffer from cold feet? **note the literal phrase "Cold Feet" here. I'm not talking about bravery. Just simple cold feet.
3. If you are hungry, eat! For god's sake! Eat. And included in this is if you are thirsty, DRINK. (water, not martinis. That's another list entirely)
4. If you like it, buy it--smell it--take a bath in it--do it--experience it--revel in it. Whatever it is. If you like something, let it know. Example: I like roses. I have two bushes. I have other plants I don't really care for. You know what? I'm pulling those suckers out and planting more roses. YAY!!!!!!!
5. If the kids want one more story, read it to them.
6. If you are tired, go to sleep.
7. If it hurts you, don't do it.
8. Avoid antibiotics if you don't need them. (And you don't need them unless you are on deaths door)
9. When you go to bed ask yourself this "Did I harm anything or anyone including myself today?"
If the answer is YES: Fix it in the morning.
If the answer is NO: sleep well.
10. End lists where they naturally end. Don't wait until an even number like, say, 10.
Merry Holidays and Festive New Year, Happy to one and all.